neljapäev, 26. november 2015

SOS and surprise

In yesterday’s post, I mentioned that I received the small pots I had ordered, today I already found a use for them. A tiny phal growth that had grown two proper roots in a greenhouse (they’re a bit over 5cm long) was already waiting to be put in the medium. Her new home is now an 8cm round pot and DCM medium (which, by the way, I am slowly running out of… Where on EARTH shall I get some more of it?).


The most difficult part about repotting her was fitting the roots in since they were spread out wide. I had to make sure, that new roots would have normal room to grow and still make sure she would stand straight in the pot. Nevertheless, into the pot she went and while it might look pretty okay in the picture, it’s actually pretty lopsided in there. We’ll just have to wait and see what she’ll do.

The following will be about an oncidium, namely the Onc. Sotoanum who was completely not at home in the pot she had been residing in. So, she also got a new 8cm pot. I did not cut her in any way, for she had just been repotted a little while ago, I simply moved her and her medium to a new pot. I got quite a surprise when I saw a new growth on a plant I had previously thought to be in a pretty bad state. How did I not notice it earlier? Probably because it was half-hidden in her pot.


At least now she’s in a new pot and can grow into heights. Hopefully, we’ll get to see some blooms in autumn-winter if not already in the spring.


What else is interesting… Only a few days ago, I made a post about how my big cymbidium has delighted me massively. Today, as I was checking whether she needed watering and picked her up I found yet ANOTHER new growth. If all the tiny nubs are indeed new growths, then at this time, she has four of them. Someone did tell me, though, that one of the growths (the one in the middle) might actually be a flower spike. Again, we’ll just wait and see. The process is definitely interesting, with or without the flowers.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar