pühapäev, 20. detsember 2015

Some Q and A.

Since I have no news about my orchids, Im going to answerw some questions that seem to be very popular in Youtube :D Cause im no-one in orchid world i taged myself so don't blame me :D So lets begin...


1.) How long have you been growing orchids and which was your very first orchid?

I got my fist orchid when  I graduated 9th grade. It was deep purple phal, which I managed to kill.



2.) What is your main reason for growing orchids? 

I simple love them. They are so adorable and they all are so different in their own way. And color - who doesn't love plants that have so many variations of color. White to yellow, to pink, to red, to almost balck.


3.) Do you grow other plants besides orchids?

Well I have one palm inside the house. Other than that I like plants in my garden - roses, lilys and so. Don't forget tomatoes and melons in my greenhouse.

4.) What are your three favorite orchid genera?

I can't say that some are favourites and some are not. They are always changing. Right now I really love oncidiums. But some months ago my favourite was zygopetalum :D So it depends mostly on which one is blooming right now. If I have to name three, I would go with 1)Oncidium, 2) zygopetalum and 3) vanda.


5.) Which are your five favorite orchids?

Five, it's getting difficult. I really love my Onc. Tiny Twinke though she has some troubles with roots right now and sits in sphagnum moss. 2) would be Oncidium Sotoanum, I have pretty small plant, so I havent seen blooms in my plant, but I love them so much. 3)I think that 3 place would belong to my Promenaea limelight x xanthina. 4) Sure my masdevallias are one of my favourite girls. I have 3 of them now and I have seen one in bloom in summer, it was awesome. She had so many blooms I didn't believed my eyes. :) And last but not least 5) Tolumnia. I know I havent bloomed it myself but when I got her she had so cute blooms - like pink panther lol.

6.) Which one of your orchids do you like least and why? 

Maybe most of orchid growers will hate my now but I really don't like ludisia orchids. They are just too simple for me. So I have to tell that I do not own ludisia any more. I gave her to my grandmother and I go to see her time to time.

7.) How many orchids do you have at the moment?

Last I checked I have 42 orchids. Not much. 

8.) What kind of growing space do you have (windowsill, grow room, greenhouse etc.)?

I grown my plants most of the time in year on my windowsill. In summer they are in my garden and they are hanging on some trees. Last summer I did it first time and they loved it so much. Specially masdevallia - we had cilly and rainy summer, that's why. 


9.) Have you ever lost a particularly loved or expensive orchid? 

I think that the most expensive orchid that I have lost was red/brown cymbidium, cost 19€, so not that much. But still, I loved that color so much and I got it for birthday. 

10.) Which orchids are on your wish list?

Weeeeell. You can check my wishlist in my blog. I have so many plants that  I would really love to have but there are so many buts. Since I grow my girls on my windowsill, the space is so limited, and since I live in northern Europe, the light is the issue for most of the time in year. But still who can forbid me to dream :)

So thats it. Hope you like it...or don't :D 
What plants are in your wish list? Let me know maybe I must add them in mine :) Also tell me which plants are the "must-have" plants, because our orchid show and sale is getting closer and some money wants to be spent. :) 

Happy growing everybody!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar