neljapäev, 3. detsember 2015

3. December update

Well I have that nice bushy but not that happy Nelly Isler. I can not figure it out why we don’t get along. Despite of that, yesterday I found something that looks like new growth but according to the position where it is located, I think that it is a spike. It is quite small so I can’t took a picture of it yet. I just don’t want to take my hopes up, maybe it still is new growth. Right now Nelly Isler and two unknown Cambrias are in „I will give you away“ list, maybe it will encourage her to bloom, we’ll see.


That little purple phal is that diligent one, who wants to bloom twice a year, but don’t have really the energy to do that. She bloomed in summer and now againg. Bloom is not that bright like they were in summer, understanable – it’s too dark already. But she tires, and it’s cute. 


Some of you already know how much I love zygopetalums. They are so cute and bushy even without flowers. And the other reason is that green and deep purple together are so awesome in my opinion. The first on is the one I got last spring from local orchid show. She has such big bulbs, it’s something big-bulb-lovers like :D (How did it go? I like big bulbs and I can not lie...). And she also grows new growths, but no blooms, sad. 



The other zygo has also 3 new growths but again, no blooms.  


The little Cymbidium looks great after summer out side. Two new growths looks already like plants and I hope she will make some more. I think that blooms will not be showing at least two more years – she is so small. 


But the big one is happy. Yesterday I cut the last spike with what I got it. One growth already looks like a plant, the other two not yet. By the way, I’m starting to believe that the nub in the middle, is a spike. Wonder, can I thake the credit for it to form? :D






Without picutures but let me talk about my little Onc. Sotoanum. I have found another new growth, it’s so exciting. Maybe I don’t have to wait many years for blooms after all. :)


And last, but not least the NOID Oncidium that bloomed so gorgeously. After she dropped her blooms, she started to produce new growth. Great, isn’t it. :)


Happy growing!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar