esmaspäev, 1. veebruar 2016

Howeara 'Lava Burst' and sented oncidium

Well there are some simple rules in orchid world. One of them sure is "you will never keep your promises to not buy another orchid". Yeah, thats exactly what I did. I promised to myself in autumn that I will not buy another orchid untill our orchid show in March. Well guess who said that snow has melted and there are even some over 0 degrees, so its SPRING! I CAN BUY ANOTHER ORCHID. Yup, i went to the gardening center with my grandfather and he bought me one Howeara and one sented oncidium. Both of them were on dicount, howeara was 5.50€ and oncidium 3.50€.




Well this is my little howeara. It looked kind of okay Had some sphagnum in the middle and the roots that were in it looked almost black, but they weren't soft at all. So i kept them. It came in little basket that were inside that white pot. I decided to put it back in this basket but with new bark.

So thats how it looks right now.


Talking about oncidium. I took it because even the fading blooms smell so good. So I looked at this and that plant and FINALLY i found one plant with two new growths - one small and one bigger.





Well about that little growth - i snapped it off by accident. :/


Well about the roots. They looked pretty fine and they were so crazy that i couldn't cut any of then by not cut whole root ball.


Thats how it looks like now. Hopefully they both will grow well and we will see some bloomes from both of them soon. 

Happy growing!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar